We’re upfront with our cost, so you can confidently make the decision that’s right for you.
Cost – Obstetrics care
All routine pregnancy and postnatal appointment fees attract a Medicare rebate, reducing the total out-of-pocket cost. Standard rebates have been included but may vary.
The Pregnancy Management Fee is charged at the 24-week appointment. This fee is payment for the 24-hour, 7-day care you are guaranteed.
Private health insurance can cover most of your admission to hospital as well as the cost of the birth. However, you should contact your provider to understand the specifics of your cover.
- Initial visit including an ultrasound:
$200 ($72.75 rebate) and ultrasound bulk billed
- Pregnancy management fee:
$1500 once ($275.50 rebate)
- Routine antenatal and postnatal visit:
$80 ($40.10 rebate) and ultrasound bulk billed
- Delivery fee:
No out of pocket cost for obstetric services
- Total out-of-pocket: $1650*
*rebates are included as estimates and may vary.
- Your health fund excess fee
- Anaesthetist for your delivery, if needed*
- Private Paediatrician*
- Ultrasound Scans
- Visit to a private hospital maternity assessment unit, if needed.
*External providers set their own fee. We can give an approximation, but exact prices can only be determined by contacting providers directly.
Cost – Gynaecological care
Dr Donald Angstetra participates in Known Gap cover – capped out-of-pocket expenses for you.
‘No Gap’ cover – no extra out-of-pocket expenses may apply to some patients
- Initial visit:
$200 ($72.75 rebate) and ultrasound bulk billed if needed
- Subsequent visit:
$100 ($36.55 rebate)
- Office Gynaecological Procedure (Colposcopy/ IUD insertion/Vulvoscopy):
- Outpatient LLETZ/Diathermy:
$500 ($209.65 rebate)
- Surgical fee:
The “Maximum out of pocket” cost for gynaecological surgical services is $500
- Your health fund policy’s excess